Monday, September 8, 2014

MARS ATTACKS: BEACH BLAST!

"BEACH BLAST" Oil on Panel 13"x19"
"This Martian Commander was told that if he reduced his disruptor strength and shot through a human at just the right angle he would be able to see the human heart still beating.  The Commander spent the entire afternoon killing before realizing he'd been fooled."


reference sculpt
I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a little nauseous while painting this maquette. I angled the little sculpt near a window at around 2-3pm to get the type of light I wanted to rake across the body. This worked perfectly and allowed cool reflected light to do things in the shadows I wouldn't have guessed.  It was hard to decide how far to push the bloody guts and chest cavity.  I refrained from adding drips and splatters across the back, arms and bottom.  Also took out my little art symbol tattoo.  Thought it drew the eye too much.

Original Painting available for purchase.  Contact if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment